In school, 4th graders typically face new challenges and expectations. For example, 4th graders are expected to have made the shift from "learning to read" to "reading to learn." ~Mike Anderson (Educational Leadership: Vol. 68, issue 7)

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Parent-Teacher Conference

Right now I am sitting in my car on my to Canada for a math conference. No, I am not the one driving. =) Hopefully I will learn a lot of strategies and information I can bring back to the classroom.

While I have a moment, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate "my parents." I told my students, this morning, how lucky I feel to have such a wonderful class and how great all my parent-teacher conferences went. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and talking to you about your child. I learned several new things about many of my students and I was able to share how well they are doing.

If you ever have any questions about homework, school work, or you are just wondering how your child is doing please email or call me at school. I am there to work with you and your child so they can learn and grow as much as possible.

Thank you for such a great turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment