In school, 4th graders typically face new challenges and expectations. For example, 4th graders are expected to have made the shift from "learning to read" to "reading to learn." ~Mike Anderson (Educational Leadership: Vol. 68, issue 7)

Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Bravest Knight

The Bravest Knight is a wonderful book with beautiful illustrations about a young squire. We read it to learn about squires to go along with our Royalty of the week. As we read, there was a dragon whining and we decided to make our own classroom dragon. The students named it Spike. Spike is on the hallway wall and represents behaviors we do not want to have in our classroom such as bullying, whining, being disrespectful or mean. When ever we say, "Don't be a Spike" we know we need to change our attitude.

2 comments:

  1. we look at your BLOG. Savannah and Angleique Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs. Jagla,

    I am studying to become a teacher. I have been scouring the web for class blogs and I love yours. I appreciate how much information you put on here! I so appreciate all that I can glean from your website--THANK YOU!

    (I have an assignment to write a post of my own with a link to yours, if you'd like to see it please visit http://kaylismith.blogspot.com/2010/11/week-10-read-and-comment-on-class-blog.html. Thanks!)

    I love the fact that you took a story and turned it in to a reminder to be respectful to one another; what an awesome class you have. I appreciate also that the point of the story was not to create a reminder, but that the creativity within your room allows for this--inspiring.

    --Kayli

    ReplyDelete