In school, 4th graders typically face new challenges and expectations. For example, 4th graders are expected to have made the shift from "learning to read" to "reading to learn." ~Mike Anderson (Educational Leadership: Vol. 68, issue 7)

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Volunteers Wanted

Volunteers Wanted
Anyone who would like to volunteer in the classroom, or go on field trips, must first attend the volunteer training with Mrs. Garcia. I will let you know when her next meeting will be help.

Book Order Volunteer:
I’m looking for a parent volunteer who can help me with book orders. I would get the book orders to you, you would then go online to order the books and send the money to the Scholastic Club. There is no “in the classroom” time necessary.

Typing Volunteers:
Throughout the school year, the students will be “publishing” many stories and other writings. In the past, I have typed up the stories myself, but this takes a lot of time and not everything was “published” or it did not get back to the students in a timely manner. I also like to use the “published” writings to create a classroom book that goes home at the end of the school year. I would love to have several parent volunteers who can type student writing on a computer, at home or in my classroom if you do not have a computer at home, for me. Again, this is not a job that requires time in the classroom, but has great benefit to the students and me.

“Tutelage” Market Volunteers:
This year, students will learn about decimals and the value of money by earning a “weekly” paycheck for completing classroom jobs and various activities. At the end of each month, students will have the opportunity to spend their “paychecks” in the classroom store. If you are interested in organizing merchandise and running the store, as well as helping students check-out their “purchases,” please let me know. This will require time spent in the classroom.

If you would like to volunteer, please call me at school.

Thank you, Mrs. Jagla

No comments:

Post a Comment