In school, 4th graders typically face new challenges and expectations. For example, 4th graders are expected to have made the shift from "learning to read" to "reading to learn." ~Mike Anderson (Educational Leadership: Vol. 68, issue 7)

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finally, a new post

Obviously, it's been a while since I have posted to my blog. I wasn't sure if anyone was visiting it, and I didn't get much feed back, so I let my busy schedule take over. Last week, a parent mentioned looking at the blog for homework information and I knew it was time to get back to work.

I will try to post homework assignments at the beginning of the week so parents and students may look it up at any time.

The fourth grade teachers have devised a system we hope will also help students to keep track of the homework in a more organized fashion. Each fourth grader has a spiral notebook where they are to write down any homework assignments for the day. They take the spiral from class to class: Literacy, Social Studies, Math, and homeroom. They should also take it home at night so they can do the homework properly. If there are any special instructions, I will have my students write information they need to know to do the homework correctly in their spiral as well.

There is a place on the table of contents sheet for students to "check" off work they complete. There is also a space where they can write the score they received on the assignment so you may regularly check on their progress.

I hope the new system works out to every one's advantage. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment